Monday, January 13, 2014

Helping a family obtain identification documents

I was recently informed about the situation of a family staying in Ampangan flats. The mother, G Ushabai , has a birth certificate but did not apply for an identity card. She has 6 children, the eldest is 13 years old and the youngest is 2 months old. All the children have no identification documents of any sort and as such, they have not been attending school.

I paid a visit to the family in their home to learn more about their situation to see how i can offer my help. 




Firstly, i helped to apply for an identity card (IC) for the mother, and before doing so, we had to trace the whereabouts of her father who stays in Ipoh. I made necessary arrangements to bring him to JPN Seremban to sign relevant documents to enable the mother to obtain an IC. With the help of En.Faizal, the Director of JPN Negeri Sembilan, Ushabai will be able to collect her IC by 21st January.

I also helped the kids to register for MyKid and other relevant identification documents without having to pay any penalty for late registration. I enrolled the elder 3 kids to school for the 2014 schooling year, thanks to En.Faizal who wrote to the school to explain about their situation and i provided some financial to ease the family's burden. 

I would like to convey my gratitude to En.Faizal, without whom all of this will not be possible.





No comments:

Post a Comment